There has been an increased interest in helping me develop the game, but in order to get things started on one's own machine, several convoluted steps need to be taken.
Therefore, I composed a small wiki page for the Developer Guide with some initial info. The page will be extended with additional details on demand.
2014. július 23., szerda
2014. július 18., péntek
- [Skirmish] Some buildings were not available to skirmish Garthog or other races [Issue #865]
- [UI] Destroyer class alien ship miniatures were too large on the equipment/research screens.
- [UI] Added missing scaled versions of alien destroyers.
- [UI] Shortened the names of alien battleships in the Information/Inventions screen.
2014. július 15., kedd
2014. július 14., hétfő
- Thanks to a new contributor, X22, the russian graphics has been rewamped and cleaned up. In addition, X22 created the subtitles for the cutscenes. Thanks! [Issue #863]
- [Skirmish] Added the ability to scale the planet surfaces by 2-4 times. This will copy the base surface in a square pattern all over again. Surfaces are generally performance hogs so you'll probably allocate more memory to the game via the Launcher and/or run the game with a 64 bit Java runtime.
- [Settings] Added the ability to switch between the IG font and a system default monospaced vector font (i.e., Courier New). Needs application restart to take effect.
2014. május 26., hétfő
First of all, I'm sorry for the inactive period and the large backlog of features and fixes. Unfortunately, I did not have the time or the means to progress on most of the issues.
- Fixed crash when trying to load a skirmish game with generated planets from different language.
- Fixed crash when trying to load a save created with a modded game and not having the necessary building availability.
- Introduced a new tab in the skirmish screen called Other settings with the following new and moved properties:
- Allow unlimited labs
- Allow unlimited factories
- New: Allow unlimited economic buildings
- New: Allow all kinds of buildings for all players. This will allow non-human races to build human buildings that were missing from their build set. Note however that the building images are the same as for the human race because the project doesn't have a graphics designer to draw something race-looking.
- Added open-ig-config.xml option aiAllowUpgrades to force the AI build new buildings instead of upgrading existing ones so it doesn't spend so much money on diminishing returns. This was especially problematic with buildings of basic colony needs.
- Fixed visual problems with open-ig-config.xml option useStandardFonts settings: text boundary should now be correctly calculated.
- Fixed radar working even if it was under construction, damaged or unpowered (Issue #848)
2014. április 11., péntek
- [Skirmish] Proper naming of planets when generating random galaxy. Due to the random nature, some names may appear only once, some might appear a lot of times (e.g., Garthog 45).
2014. április 1., kedd
- Enemy ships without weapons should flee if the rest of the fleet is destroyed. (Issue #846)
- Implemented random galaxy generator. You can override the number of planets in the galaxy and generate a seed. The number of planets may be overruled if you set less than the number of players times the initial planet count. You can select the initial planets for the players as usual, but please setup the random galaxy values beforehand. The main campaign's map can support up to 340 planets, but modded campaigns may have a larger map. Generating proper planet names has not been implemented yet (not easy to number adjacent planets properly), but you can rename any planets to your liking in game.